Film Review: X-Men Origins ~ Wolverine

I've heard a lot of great things about this movie from friends who had seen this before me (and said it was pretty good and they loved it), but I didn't read any reviews nor any spoilers (edit: much like the other 2 movies I loved and enjoyed watching this summer like the most recent one I've seen, The Proposal and previously Terminator Salvation) before watching this movie as I didn't want to spoil myself too much (even though spoilers don't usually ruin my viewing for any tv or movies I see) and for once (or should I say a few times now) I wanted to be clueless to what was going to happen and just be surprised at the twist and turns this movie will show me. I'm very glad I did and with this one, I was definitely in for some nice and pleasant surprises esp. with the random Hugh Jackman scenes...I so did not know or saw those scenes coming, which I'll elaborate further in my review here in a bit, lol. The entire movie, in general, was great.

Anyway, here's my review of...

[Warning! ... for those who haven't seen this movie and don't want to be spoiled...]




X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

Starring: Hugh Jackman, Liev Shrieber, Ryan Reynolds



Watch the trailer below:


[source: MARVEL]


Brief Synopsis:
Wolverine lives a mutant life, seeks revenge against Victor Creed (who will later become Sabertooth) for the death of his girlfriend, and ultimately ends up going through the mutant Weapon X program.


This movie sure was one of the best blockbuster, big budget, sci-fi/action adventure movies I've seen this summer! I love everything about this film. What's not to love? Everything about this film impressed me from beginning to end. From the very well-written story to the fast pace action to a spectacular visual effects to great choice of casting to awesome fight scenes and to all the Hugh Jackman/Wolverine sexy, shirtless, and briefly naked scenes.

The random Hugh Jackman shirtless/wet/naked scenes alone already impressed me (and gets 2 thumbs way up in my Wolverine-so-sexy-hotness-and-drool-worthy-meter, lol) were enough to keep me glued to the big screen, lol. If only I was behind the projector and had the control to zoomed in and does a slow-mo (or even better paused them, lol) of those drool-worthy parts where he was umm...you know shirtless and running around naked at the farm and the waterfalls, haha... that would definitely be even so much more fun to watch. I couldn't stop staring at how HOT Hugh Jackman was in this movie... did I mention, even more sexier shirtless and even when he was briefly naked in some random scenes? I sure didn't expect and was pleasantly surprised to see him like that in those scenes. I think his previous film, Australia with gave a lil' teaser and preview of his random shirtless scenes in this one, hehe...

This movie was just great and I enjoyed watching it from beginning to end. I'm not an X-Men movies fan, but I've seen the first 2 movies and enjoyed them. I did see the 3rd one, but didn't get to finished it as when I saw it, it was showing on FX (they tend to show and repeat viewing X-Men movies there, so I didn't have to buy the dvds, lol) and I've only seen some parts. I could never watch the whole thing as either I missed the beginning or the middle, or end. It's one of those ... so, I've only seen what I've seen. But going to see this movie, I didn't miss much or have to know a lot about the previous X-Men movies (I at least seen the first 2) as this was a spin-off and centered on Hugh Jackman's character Wolverine. I even think this movie was so much better than the first 2 X-Men films, but that's just me and I haven't seen the last 2 movies in a while. Like, I said, I'm not an X-Men fan, but still loved and enjoyed this film. Not too mention, I love Hugh Jackman and his Wolverine character from previous X-Men films. I'm glad they made a spin-0ff movie for this one, because I find his character to be the most interesting one from all the characters seen in the last 3 films and I've always wanted to see a movie focused on Wolverine, the mysterious and sexy mutant, hehe.

It was nice to see his origin and why he was what he was in this film. The supporting characters like Victor Creed aka Sabretooth, Wade Wilson aka Deadpool, and the other characters were pretty good. It was also nice to see a young Cyclops there and the professor at the end. The supporting actors were strong and pretty good in this film.

Liev Schreiber was pretty good and interesting to watch as Sabretooth, Wolverine's half-brother and nemesis. Ryan Reynolds was sexy (likewise in The Proposal with Sandra Bullock) with his nice big muscles and two swords as Wade Wilson aka Deadpool (I heard they're making a spin-off movie of this character...interesting). Black Eyed Peas' Will.I.Am was good here too as well as Lynn Collins as Kayla Silverfox and the rest of the cast.


Overall, this movie was full of action, spectacular special effects, and was just fun and entertaining to watch. I loved and enjoyed watching this movie from beginning to end. Definitely one of the best movies I've seen this summer. It was worth watching and worth the money I paid for to see it. I highly recommend you see this movie (if you haven't already seen it). It's a MUST SEE!


My X-Men Origins: Wolverine Film Rating: ! (10/10; A+)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: The Proposal

Spanish Telenovelas

Celebrity Look-Alikes

Film Review: Confessions of a Shopaholic

Foreign Films (Part 2)