Film Review: Grown Ups

starring Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock,
Rob Schneider, David Spade, Salma Hayek

Watch the Grown Ups trailer below:

 [source: hollywoodstreams]


I thought Grown Ups was very funny. All 5 former SNL lead actors in this film were hilarious especially Rob Schneider.  I thought he was the funniest of the  5 SNL alumni. He made me laughed the most in this movie, lol. Kevin James was very funny too. Chris Rock was, oddly, very funny here as I've never seen  before. Surprisingly, no cursing from him in this movie (as I'm used to hearing him cursed in his previous films), lol. I usually don't find him funny, but he was in this movie. Adam Sandler was his usual funny self, much like his previous films, lol. David Spade was hilarious in his often funny, sarcastic, and one-liner humor, lol.  RS was still the funniest of the 5 though. He was a scene stealer. In the female supporting characters, I'd say Maya Rudolph (who played Chris Rock's pregnant wife in this movie) was hilarious. I laughed so hard at the scene where she and other wives including Salma Hayek (who plays the wife of Adam Sandler's character) when they were checking out the guy with big buff muscle and abs...only to find out the guy talks funny, haha!!! She just cracks me up every time she talks, lol. Even Steve Buscheme (who always appear in every Adam Sandler movie) was hilarious in his small role here as well.

Overall, Grown Ups was a pretty good, hilarious, and laugh-out-loud movie that actually made me LOL and enjoyed watching it at the same time. I haven't seen a very funny movie like this since last year's The Proposal and Confessions of a Shopaholic. I highly recommend you see this with your family and friends. It's a fun, laughed-out-loud film for everyone to see. Go see it!

My Grown Ups Film Rating: ! (8.5/10; B+)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: The Proposal

Celebrity Look-Alikes

Spanish Telenovelas

Film Review: Confessions of a Shopaholic

Foreign Films (Part 2)