Korean TV Dramas

Okay, I never thought I'd watch one, let alone see so many Korean TV Dramas. Most of them are about 16 to 24 episodes long. I was pleasantly surprised to have seen at least 16 K-Dramas! I think have seen one or a few more, but I can only remember these 16 dramas at this time. If I do remember one that's not listed here, I'll update this post and add it here. Also, I've seen 5 TW-Dramas and 3 Spanish Telenovelas. So, I've seen a total of 24 TV dramas (in just 5 months!) this year since this past summer!

Here are 16 K-Dramas I've seen recently...

Princess Hours/Goong (2006)
starring Yoon Eun Hye, Ji-hun Ju
Synopsis: In an imaginary world, modern-day Korea is run by a constitutional monarchy facing crumbling popularity after the recent death of the reigning King. To try to help the situation, the Royal Family decides to marry off the Crown Prince, Lee Shin, prior to his ascension to the throne. To their horror, however, they discover that the dead King's father, Shin's grandfather, had a pact with a commoner that their grandchildren would marry. Enter headstrong, klutzy, Shin Chae Kyung, an average girl who is now suddenly engaged to the country's Crown Prince. Prince Shin has no intention of making things easy for his commoner fiancée, however, especially since he’s got his eye on someone else. Chae Kyung soon finds her work cut out for her in adapting to palace life and trying to please the Royal Family. Her optimistic spirit captures the attention of Lee Yul, the other contender for the throne who, while trying to win the Princess in order to gain the throne, finds himself falling in love with her for real. Among the plots, deceptions, and expectations in the mix, can the Royal couple see one another for who they really are and manage to fall in love?

My Thoughts: Review: This was the second K-Drama I've ever seen (after seeing The King 2 Hearts with Ha Ji Won) this past summer, but this was my first discovery of the versatile and multi-talented Yoon Eun Hye (YEH) and the first drama I've ever seen her in (and it turns out this was her debut and breakthrough performance in K-Drama too). I love, love, loved YEH in this series as Shin Chae Kyung, an average HS school girl turned crowned Princess. The first time I've ever seen her on this one, I had to ask, who is she? I've never seen her before, but she sure got my attention. She was so pretty in her school girl uniform, so charming with a charismatic screen presence that draws you in to watch her (in every scene she's in), and she was so funny and so good with playing a character that's bubbly and clumsy at the same time. I laughed a lot when her character does those funny facial expressions. She's so good with physical comedy and has a very good comic timing. She's very good with dramatic scenes too. When she cries, I can't help but cry too. She's so natural with her raw yet believable acting and to think this was her first TV drama and she already acted like a pro. I was very impressed and this was why I love and admire her (and to find out after seeing this series that she was a former K-Pop star turned actress...and she was already good and her acting already impressed me...and it was also amazing to find out that she's not only very talented singer, actress, and model, she has many other talents too like drawing, painting, directing, and many other talents. She's also a very kind and generous person as well as charitable and religious...made me admire, love, and appreciate her more). I also love when she was in Princess training and she transformed herself into a beautiful crowned Princess while at the same time maintaining her school girl charm. YEH did a fantastic job playing her character. The series itself was great. The story was very well-written. Great cast (though the two Princes could've been better looking...there are many good looking K-Actors that would've been awesome to see on this drama play these roles. No offense to the actors, I thought the two actors who played the young Princes, whom were cousins...they were not that good looking and looked feminine looking to me...not manly-man handsome looking Princes, at all. They could've cast handsome looking and manly-man actors for the Princes parts. If I were the casting director I would've cast YEH's Coffe Prince co-star Gong Yoo or Lie To Me co-star Kang Ji Hwan as the main Crown Prince Shin for Chae Kyung and Lee Min Ho as the hottie rival cousin Prince...now, those two would've made the royal cousin rivalry even more awesome and these actors already have great chemistry with YEH...but that's just me, lol...). While the two actors who played the Princes were not that handsome looking (at least in my viewing), they did grow on me especially, Prince Shin. He was at least good in his acting and looked good along with YEH's character. It's YEH who really was the one that carried this series as she's the main and title character, so the guys looked good because of her and they're next to her (she made them look good)...at least, for me...she was the best thing about this series. The rest of the cast were great too (especially, the Queen grandmother), of course. Great costumes and the production was in high quality. Overall, one of my favorites and one of the best K-Dramas I've seen (thus far) and definitely worth watching not just once, but multiple times.

The Vineyard Man (2006)
starring Yoon Eun Hye, Man-seok Oh
Synopsis: When filial duty calls in the form of working at her grand uncle’s vineyard in a remote village, Seoul-based fashion designer Ji Hyun (Yoon Eun Hye) is unhappily yanked from the big city—and her life—for one year. As if the circumstances weren’t bad enough, she runs into Taek Gi (Oh Man Suk), a local villager who was wrongfully arrested while visiting in Seoul—an arrest based on an accusation that he had stolen one of Ji Hyun’s dresses! In this romantic comedy, adapted from Kim Rang’s hit novel The Vineyard Man, Ji Hyun learns about the simple, sweet things in life, as well as a thing or two about real love.

My Thoughts/Review: After seeing Yoon Eun Hye in Goong (Princess Hours), because I loved her on that drama so much. I had to look for more of her dramas on her list of filmography on IMDB. I was surprised to find out that she isn't on a lot of TV Dramas or films. She's so good, she should've been in more dramas and films. I was looking for more dramas starring her to see and this one was her second drama she made and the second one I saw. I thought this was a really great series. The first few episodes were good. Then, it kind of lost its spark (even with YEH...her character was kinda annoying too, lol...I almost lost interest in watching this) in the next few episodes. But I'm glad I didn't stop watching as it picked up and got much better and better after episode six. When YEH's character Ji Hyun arrived reluctantly in the countryside to spend a year at her great-uncle's vineyard as part of a deal that she will inherit it if she can make it through by living there and tending the farm and vineyard for a year, every episode from then on were hilarious. I found myself laughing a lot. YEH was hilarious and had great comic timing in this romantic-comedy series. She had a great chemistry with her leading man in Oh Man Suk, who played Taek Gi. I didn't find him cute, but he grew on me the more I see him and his acting here was as great and natural as YEH's acting...and together (whenever they were in the same scenes) they were just amazing and hilarious. Also, they both have great vocals when they sang together a couple songs towards the end. There were so many great and hilarious scenes that got me hooked in watching this. I binge watched all 16 episodes of this K-Drama in less than a day. I really loved and enjoyed watching this and love the happy ending too. It was all that and more! One of the best happy endings too as not only that my favorite OTP (One True Pair)s finally got together at the end, they were given a lot more screen time in the last episode for their happily ever after (unlike other dramas where they procrastinate toward the ending and rush the ending), this one didn't. It took its time and gave my favorite couple more time to finally be together (after all that long wait of will they or won't they?) and the ending was just so sweet, satisfying, and beautiful. I just love this series! I've seen it multiple times now, lol. I go back and re-watch this when I need to laugh and just enjoy a fun and lighthearted K-drama (or when there's nothing else to watch. Unfortunately, I've pretty much seen all of YEH's TV dramas and a couple of the movies she was in...that I have nothing else new to watch...so I had to watch this and few other of her dramas I loved and enjoyed watching just to see her again...'cause I've missed her and I've been in YEH K-Drama withdrawal mode lately, haha!).

Take Care of the Young Lady/My fair Lady (2009)
starring Yoon Eun Hye, Yoon Sang-hyun
Synopsis: Kang Hye-na, the only successor of Kang-san Group, is the owner of the ‘Lady Castle’ and lives a ‘princess-like’ life with her servants. Hye-na’s parents died from a plane accident and her grandfather brought her up. Hye-na is strong-headed and selfish, whose world revolves around her because she could not experience the warmth of a family whilst growing up. One day, she comes across Dong-chan when she is carelessly driving and knocks into Dong-chan's truck in which he is shipping flowers. She knocks out a bunch of flowers from his truck so Dong-chan goes to complain. She refuses to apologise but just gives him money. She drives away although Dong-chan isn't satisfied. He chases after her and eventually cuts her of at the end of a road. Kang Hye-na ignores this and just drives straight into his truck. As a consequence of this he makes Hye-na do community service, kidnaps her, and appears in front of her as the new household manager. Hye-na makes every effort to throw him out from the Castle, but Dong-chan refuses to budge.

My Thoughts/Reviews: While Yoon Eun Hye was a spoiled brat, selfish, and unlikable (at the beginning) rich girl on this K-Drama, I actually loved and enjoyed watching her on this one. This series was fun and entertaining to watch. She looked great and fashionable here too. Loved the music especially that song "Dash Girl" she was listening to in her car (it was actually her singing it as it was featured on the soundtrack and YEH has such a beautiful, soothing vocals that makes me want to listen to her song even if I don't understand the words she was singing...well, with the song Dash Girl, she did sing a bit in English, "Dash Go!" "Bring On!" and part of the chorus "You will be mine. Will be mine. I will be your forever lover..." those are my favorite parts (obviously, lol) of the song and the only ones I understand since I'm not Korean nor do I speak the language...) at the beginning a couple other scenes. I even downloaded that song from iTunes (when I saw it was available to download and purchased my copy) and has listened to it so many times. In this K-Drama, she was so mean to Dong-Chan, her servants, and pretty much everyone including her grandfather, lol. She had character development though in the second half of the series, as she started to change her ways and soften once she was under Dong-chan's control when he was hired as her personal butler. Also, when she got kicked out from the mansion by her grandfather, she learned to do things on her own...well, with the help of Dong-chan too. While this was on par of her previous three great dramas (ie. Princess HoursThe Vineyard Man, and Coffee Prince) and some episodes towards the end tend to drag on, I thought this series was still a very good, fun, lighthearted, and enjoyable to watch and she was the lead star too. I even saw this more than once, all because I really enjoyed watching YEH on this one.

Lie To Me (2011)
starring Yoon Eun Hye, Kang Ji Hwan
Synopsis: A woman, jealous when her friend steals her first love and marries him, lies that she is married too. The lie ensnares a hotel president who goes along with the lie for his own reasons. Will the lie become reality?

My Thoughts/Review: I love, love, loved and enjoyed watching Lie To Me and the awesome OTP of Yoon Eun Hye as Gong Ah Jung and Kang Ji Hwan as Ki Joon! Their undeniable and sizzling on-screen chemistry on this K-Drama was off the charts! Their pairing and natural acting here were the best thing about this series. While this wasn't the best K-Drama as the writing was decent, but I didn't care because this was still a lot of fun, enjoyable, satisfying, and worth-watching. YEH & KJH's amazing chemistry, their believable and natural acting, and their sweet and charismatic on-screen presence (that keeps you watching them) far outweighs the many flaws of this series because they more than made up for it just by their gorgeous pairing and facial expressions. Without these two wonderful and talented actors, this drama would've been a complete and total mess because they're the only ones who can pull it off and make it natural and believable for the viewers. They look so great and so convincing together in this series, makes me wonder if these two ever dated secretly in real-life (to quote Ah Jung, "is this acting or for real?") as it was like watching them in their real private romantic moments. They were so believable as a couple. I just love them as the OTP. I really loved and watching this drama because of them. I've even re-watched this more than a few times and still love watching them together, which never gets old. Two of my most favorite scenes/moments with these two together were:
1. When they did a karaoke and sang a cheesy, but oh, so romantic song titled "Ice Cream" (interesting song title, lol...they sounded great together even though I didn't understand a word they were singing, but the English subtitles did help on that one...) in front of Ah Jung's friends, whom they were pretending to be a couple and just before the song ended, he surprised her (and her friends who watched them speechless) by grabbing her and kissing her! Now, that was hot! I melted just watching them kiss. Even though their first kiss was for show...that was one super hot kiss!
2. That coca-cola wet/steamy kiss scene between Ki Joon & Ah Jung at his kitchen was their best kiss scene ever and moment in this K-drama (and they have few more really good ones too), but this one was the best and most memorable one of them all. When I think of their most romantic moment, I always think of this one...their kiss was so passionate and looked very swoon-worthy and sizzling hot. Ah Jung even had to ask Ki Joon if their kiss was, "acting or for real?" Smart girl! And he sure gave her an answer that any woman would be happy to hear. Ah, just thinking about it makes me want to go back and watch this wonderful drama again, lol. I love, love these two together! I hope to see YEH & KJH star together again in another K-Drama or a movie. I would most definitely watch anything that stars the two of them as the main lead/OTP. Please K-Drama Gods or Producers of LTM, make another drama or movie starring these two!


The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince (2007)
starring Yoon Eun Hye, Gong Yoo
Synopsis: A tomboy is mistaken for a young man, but maintains the deception for the sake of employment. The situation is complicated when her male boss begins to develop feelings for this "boy."

My Thoughts/Review: Wow, I was so very impressed with Yoon Eun Hye in this K-Drama. She was simply superb! If I didn't know YEH (or was not familiar with her face, after seeing her in a few dramas before this) was in this drama, I wouldn't have recognized her. She was so unrecognizable on this one. She played a totally, completely different character here from her previous Dramas. She played a tomboy character named Go Eun Chan, who was mistaken for a young man. She was so amazing in this role and so convincing (that short hair really made her look like a boy and her boyish mannerism was so spot on) and believable. While this type of storyline was nothing new...I've seen a few Hollywood movies that has similarities with the tomboy mistaken for a boy or pretending to be a man (ie. She's The ManSecret Admirer and Some Kind of Wonderful to name a few that came to mind), the story was brilliantly written here and this series has a great cast and a great OTP in YEH's Eun Chan and handsome Gong Yoo's Han Kyul. Ah, these two were just so gorgeous together (even when Eun Chan was mistaken for a boy, lol). I love that while Eun Chan was mistaken for a boy, her character was actually a strong young woman. She was such a hard-worker (with a lot of odd jobs she does from food deliverer to Taekwondo teacher, server and barista at CP to chestnut peeler, doll sewer to milk deliverer, and even pretending to be Choi Han Kyul‘s gay lover. She has done it all!) too as she was the breadwinner of her family (her mother and younger sister). YEH was so hilarious in a lot of her scenes with GY especially when they were pretending to be gay lovers and posing in public (and he didn't know that "he" was actually as she, disguised as a boy...and she got paid for it too), LOL. YEH's pairing with GY was so cute and adorable. Love the coffee shop scenes too with her "Coffee Prince" co-workers. This was a great, funny, entertaining, and just a lot of fun to watch. Definitely worth-watching and one of her best K-Dramas and roles she has ever played yet.

I Miss You/Missing You (2012/2013)
starring Yoon Eun Hye, Park Yoochun, Yoo Seung-ho
 
Synopsis: Fate and destiny are at stake in this heartstring-pulling drama of two young lovers who are separated only to be reunited years later, testing the strength of their love. 

My Thoughts/Review: The main reason I watched this K-Drama was Yoon Eun Hye (as you can see/read here, she's becoming my favorite Korean Actress as she's just so good and versatile in her natural acting and I've seen 7 of her dramas already and most of them were really good, all because she was the lead I loved and enjoyed watching her pretty much in everything she was in...well, except for this drama and MHIFD...see and scroll down to the next drama after this one below...), but this drama didn't get me hooked in watching her on it. It was just okay. I didn't mind that her character was serious and in dramatic role here as it was nice to see her in a different, darker role from her previous dramas where I got used to seeing her in a bubbly, cheerful, fun, clumsy, adorable, and lovable characters. I just find this series kind of depressing and disappointing. Also, I dig her character more with Harry (I didn't like the twist of his character towards the end either) than the actual guy she was meant to be reunited and paired with in the end. I skipped a lot of episodes just jumped right through the ending (at least it was happy). If not for YEH, I would've passed this one. Still, while this was a miss for Miss YEH, it wasn't the worst drama I've ever seen...it just wasn't as good as her other dramas.

Marry Him If You Dare/Mi Rae's Choice (2013)
starring Yoon Eun Hye, Lee Dong-gun, Jung Yong-hwa
Synopsis: 32 years old for woman is an age which may be little too late to start something new or little too early to give up something. The 'future-self' comes to 'me' today and gives advices about life and marriage. The future-self is trying to bring better life by helping her to meet a perfect spouse.

My Thoughts/Review:
Okay, once again, the main reason I watched this K-Drama was because of Yoon Eun Hye. Unfortunately, even YEH, much as I love her, couldn't hold my interest into watching the whole series. It had a nice premise and YEH had one of the lead roles, but the series wasn't that good. The first few episodes were good, but I was not digging the story and the series. Not too mention, YEH's character Mi Rae's hair was a mess, lol. Poor YEH, her fine acting talent was wasted on this drama. It wasn't her fault, but the writers and the hair and make-up department (I almost didn't recognized YEH and mistaken her for another K-Actress, lol). I did like that lil' scene where she was singing "I will Survive," but her hair was just a distraction. This wasn't the absolute worst K-Drama I've ever seen, but it sure was my least favorite YEH drama I've ever seen. I had to skip a lot of episodes to get to the end. The title didn't make sense either as the past, present, and future parts all confused me, lol. This drama was a complete and total mess. If not for YEH (sadly, even her presence and her wonderful co-stars couldn't save this series), I wouldn't even bother watching this or would not even make it past through the first episode...

The King 2 Hearts (2012)
starring Ha Ji Won, Lee Seung Gi
Synopsis: Lee Jae Ha is the crown prince of South Korea, and younger brother to the king, Lee Jae Kang. He has no intentions of being a proper soldier, or of ever becoming king. However, that all changes when Jae Kang announces a joint participation in the World Officer Championship with North Korea. In an act of goodwill, he enlists Jae Ha to be part of the North-South Korean team. Jae Ha resists, but he then learns of Kim Hang Ah, the daughter of a North Korean general and the only girl on the team. He becomes more willing to participate, but little does he know, Hang Ah isn't the easiest woman to get along with it. Things get worse when the two enter an arranged marriage for political reasons.

My Thoughts/Reviews: I must say, The King 2 Hearts was my very first introduction to K-Drama and I'm very glad this was the very first one I saw because it got me hooked and addicted to watching more K-Dramas. This royalty drama was definitely one of the few best Korean Dramas I've seen in all the 16 K-Dramas I've seen (thus far). I really loved and enjoyed watching this series a lot from the first episode to the last this past summer. I binge watched all 20 episodes in less than a day! That's how much this drama impressed me. I was glued to my screen and on the edge of my seat at the same time at all the twists and turns. This was such an amazing series with great writing, superb acting from the main cast to supporting cast. I loved and enjoyed watching Ha Ji Won as Kim Hang Ah who had an arranged marriage (with Lee Seung Gi's character Prince Lee Jae Ha) to the royal family for political reasons. This beautiful pair (and one of my favorite OTPs in K-Drama land) had a love-hate relationship at the beginning especially when they were on military training together. I enjoyed watching their banter and especially when they got married and the Prince (who was at first unlikable at the beginning of the series) slowly fell in love with his wife. HJW and LSG were so great together in this series. Their chemistry was so amazing and their sweet romance got me hooked on watching them in every scene and episode they were in. Great acting by both! The supporting cast were amazing too. Loved the older brother who played the kind and gentle King and his Queen as well as the Princess sister and her handsome and honorable lover (I ship and love their pairing too!). I just love, love this K-Drama. It gave me all the feels! It made me laugh, cry (by the end, I was all cried out!), smile, happy, sad, on the edge of my seat, gasp, and got me to stay up so late at night just to finished watching the whole series because it was just so awesome! My first K-Drama and I was already loving it all because this was just a great series. The production was in high quality, the costumes were beautiful. The actors, writers, and director did a fantastic job on this one. Definitely worth staying up late for and worth watching from first episode to the last! A must-see!

Fated To Love You (2014)
starring Jang Hyuk, Jang Na Ra
Synopsis: The hard working, kind and timid Kim Mi Young (Jang Nara) has little in the way of education, beauty or wealth, but all that changes after a fateful night of accidental passion with the spoiled, rich heir of a family company, Lee Gun (Jang Hyuk). Her insignificant existence completely transforms when she finds out she is pregnant and must tie her life to his in a shot-gun wedding. The couple decides to make the best of a bad situation, but just when Lee Gun begins to show his growing affection for Kim Mi Young, his first love re-enters the picture to stake her claim. 

My Thoughts/Review: I didn't intend to watch this as I saw the original TW-Drama version of the same name and I loved and enjoyed watching it so much that it was still fresh in my mind. I don't like to compare, but seeing as they're both the same title and storyline. I might as well. I thought this was very good and fast pace (I ended up watching all the episodes...it didn't drag on and was 4 episode less than the TW-Drama), but I wasn't keen on the main lead stars and OTP. While Jang Nara as Kim Mi Young was okay, I found Jang Hyuk as Lee Gun (I personally preferred TW's Ethan Ruan's version of the character much better...but that's just me) annoying (well, it was mostly when he laugh out loud that I find annoying) and I wasn't digging his long hair either. He's a good actor though when he acts seriously. Other than my minor issues with JH's Lee Gun, this version was pretty good on its own. I started to love and enjoy watching Lee Gun towards the remaining last few episodes especially when he had his hair cut short. He looks yummy! Oh my, what a difference a short hair cut can make someone look so much more handsome as JH's Lee Gun should've been. He looks so much more handsome in the later episodes with a short hair than a long one in the first half of the series. Meanwhile, JN's Kim Mi Young becomes a bit unbearable to watch for ignoring Lee Gun's efforts to win her back. Love the happy ending though and wished the series was bit longer. Overall, this K-Drama version was still very good. I just loved and enjoyed watching the TW-Drama a lot more and that one I've already watched more than once.

Secret Garden (2010/2011)
starring Ha Ji Won, Hyun Bin
Synopsis: A rich young CEO falls for a poor stuntwoman despite class differences, cultural traditions and the man's firmly objecting mother.

My Thoughts/Review:
I saw this on dramafever first, but the ads were driving me crazy. So glad that Netflix has it. I loved and enjoyed watching this one especially with Ha Ji Won as the main female lead (and I heard she did her own stunts too). I love her since I first saw her in The King 2 Hearts. She and Yoon Eun Hye are becoming my favorite K-Actresses (and so glad to hear that they'll be co-starring in the same movie, Chronicle of a Blood Merchant that is slated for 2015. Oh, looking forward to seeing them on that movie!). HJW was very good here. She was superb in both acting and her impressive stunts. While the switching part of the main OTP was a bit too much, in some scenes it was hilarious. Great cast. Great story. Impressive stunts by HJW and great acting by her and the rest of the cast including her main love interest, Hyun Bin.

Full House (2004)
starring Rain, Song Hye Gyo
Synopsis: Han Ji Eun is a naive script writer who lives alone, until she gets swindled by her best friends into thinking she's won an all-inclusive trip to China. Once she's gone, they sell off her house for their own personal gain. On the plane, she meets Lee Young Jae, a hotshot actor in Korea. Once she realizes she is stuck in China with no friends or money, she is forced to go to Lee Young Jae for help getting a ticket back home, though when she finally gets back to Korea she finds that she has no home to return to. In a bizarre twist of fate, it turns out her old house is now in the hands of the man she met on the plane, and he's on the brink of proposing marriage to his best friend Kang Hye Won, but a media frenzy causes Young Jae to pretend he is with Ji Eun. Now Ji Eun can get her home back—if she promises to marry Young Jae for a year! Their professional relationship starts becoming personal when Young Jae finds himself caring more and more for the charming girl who always stays cheerful despite her many hardships.

My Thoughts/Review: When I first saw the title of this K-Drama, I didn't understand why it was titled Full House, when the house is not even full. Of course, when I watched it, there was a mention of the title by the main lead female character and I get it and it made sense. This was a great series. I loved and enjoyed watching it. It has romance, humor, and a wonderful cast. Song Hye Gyo was really good here as the main female lead, Han Ji Eun. I really enjoyed watching her in this series and seeing her character grow from naive scriptwriter to publish writer later on the series as well as unexpectedly marrying a hotshot Korean actor played by Rain. Hmm, I thought SHG has more chemistry with the good looking supporting actor Kim Sung Soo, who played a friend (and rival) of Rain's character Lee Young Jee...than she does with her main love interest in Rain. But that's just me. Rain did grow on me on later episodes especially when Ji Eun and Young Jee started living together in the house she originally own, which he unknowingly bought not from her, but from her scam friends, lol. Seeing SHG's non-celebrity character married to a celebrity was interesting to watch. While I loved and enjoyed watching this series, there are some episodes that tend to drag on as well as I didn't really like the love-triangle (or was that love-quadrangle) part going on (but it was nice in the end that they all resolved it and have a happy ending for each pair) nor the angst drag out for a bit too long, and Ji Eun's scam, so-called friends were kind of annoying (thank goodness, they don't have a lot of screen time, lol). Other than those few complaints I have...I enjoyed this K-Drama and it was worth-watching.


I Do, I Do (2012)
 starring Kim Sun Ah, Lee Jang Woo
Synopsis: Hwang Ji An (Kim Sun Ah) is a successful shoe designer whose life revolves around her work. She's fiercely protective of her designs, though they are constantly being copied, flooding the market with cheap knock-offs. Park Tae Kang (Lee Jang Woo) is a young, talented designer, but still regularly rips off Ji An's designs for the easy money. A particularly bad day for the both of them brings them together over drinks, leading to a one-night stand. They swear never to see each other again, but things get complicated when her company hires Tae Kang as a new employee, and Ji An discovers that she's pregnant with his child!

My Thoughts/Review:
This was a very good K-Drama I didn't expect I'd love and enjoy watching. The story was very well-written. Great cast especially the main lead actress Kim Sun Ah. She played her character so very good and convincingly. Lee Jang Woo, who played the main character's younger lover was very good too and so handsome looking. They looked good together. I shipped them from the very first scene they accidentally run into each other (him riding his motorbike and her running in the street). Overall, a very good, fun, and enjoyable series.
A Gentleman's Dignity (2012)
 starring Woo-bin Kim, Dong-gun Jang, Kim Ha Neul
Synopsis: A drama about the careers and love lives of urban professionals. It will tell the story of four men in their forties as they go through love, breakup, success and failure.

My Thoughts/Review: I saw this K-Drama on Netflix. The 4 hottie gentlemen (all good looking! what's not to love?) in the poster and the title quickly caught my attention, so I had to watch it pronto! I'm very glad I did because this was a very good series. I loved and enjoyed watching the men's friendship and and the ups and downs of their romantic relationships. There was one particular scene that I found memorable and so randomly funny at same time. When Kim Ha Neul (KHN)'s character was walking in a street, then suddenly, a thread of her dress went loose and got attached to the main gentleman's briefcase, who was passing by her...and she didn't noticed it until that same gentleman was pulling it and her at the same, haha! The look on her face when she finally realized what was happening to her dress was priceless, lol. That was the best and one of my favorite scenes in that series I always remember whenever I think of this drama. Overall, it was worth watching and a great series and cast.

Pimil/Bimil/Secret (2000)
starring Kim Ha Neul, Ha Ji Won
Synopsis: There is a plain but kind sister and a beautiful but deceitful sister who both like the same wealthy young man. They live with only their father because their mother abandoned them to live overseas when they were very young. The abandoned family does simple dress making/selling. Along comes a successful lady designer for a big fashion show in Korea. Might this lady be the sister's long lost mother? Might the wealthy young man be the son of the successful designer lady? The father/abandoned husband has a bad accident... what will happen?

My Thoughts/Review: I thought this was a very good K-Drama. It was great to see two of the best K-Actresses, Kim Ha Neul and Ha Ji Won playing sisters. They are both really good actresses especially HJW. KHN was great in the lead role as HJW's older sister. HJW was good at the beginning, but her character became bratty and annoying, which she did a great job because her character's supposed to be like that being the baby sister and all. Also, she was good at being bad and a deceitful and ungrateful sister, which made me want to slap her silly, lol. I cried a lot watching this series. It was very well-written drama and had great ensemble cast with superb acting. I love and enjoyed watching this one.

Heartstrings (2011)
starring Park Shin Hye Jung Yong Hwa
Synopsis: Lee Shin, a college student majoring in modern music. A talented singer and guitarist, he is known for his good looks and passion for music. With a cold personality, he only cares about his music, uninterested in a traditional career or future. Shin is infatuated with a dance professor at his university, but this all changes when he meets Lee Kyu Won, a bright, outgoing student born into a prestigious family and majoring in traditional Korean instruments. Kyu Won's grandfather is one of the top traditional musicians of his age whose only wish is that his granddaughter will become a traditional music prodigy. Trying to live up to her grandfather's expectations, Kyu Won immerses herself in training and knows nothing besides traditional music. One day, Kyu Won's friends drag her to a concert to watch Lee Shin’s band, and she is instantly captivated by the man she sees on stage...

My Thoughts/Review: This was a great K-drama. I loved and and enjoyed watching it. This was the first drama I saw Park Shin Hye (she kinda resemble Yoon Eun Hye...they're both very pretty looking...I sometimes mistook her for YEH and vice versa!) and I must say she was great on this one. I love the main OTP of Lee Shin (PSH) and Lee Kyu Won as well as the secondary OTP of their school teacher and musical director. Also, I love the music and enjoyed the performances from the modern rock music to the standard Korean music. This series was fun and entertaining to watch. Great ensemble cast, great music, and just very well-written story that got me hooked on watching from episode one to the last one. Definitely worth-watching.

Heirs (2013)
starring Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye
Synopsis: Heirs follows a group of privileged, elite high school students as they are groomed to take over their families' business empires. These wealthy students seem to have everything under control–except their love lives. Kim Tan (Lee Min Ho) is heir to the Empire Group sent to study abroad in the U.S. In reality it's a form of exile, as his elder half-brother back home (Choi Jin Hyuk) schemes to take over the family business. While in the States, Kim Tan bumps into Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye), who's arrived from Korea in search of her older sister. He feels himself falling for her, never realizing that she's the daughter of his family's housekeeper. When his fiancée Rachel Yoo (Kim Ji Won) arrives to bring him back to Korea, his heart is torn between love and duty. Meanwhile, Rachel's half-brother Choi Young Do (Kim Woo Bin) develops his own crush on Eun Sang. Who said being a rich, beautiful high school student was easy? 

My Thoughts/Review: I've been seeing the poster of this on dramafever's main page every time I logged on to the website since I started watching K-Dramas this past summer. The poster is eye-catching enough with its main stars Park Shin Hye and Lee Min Ho, but I never get around to watching this drama until most recently (about a month ago or so after seeing PSH in Heartstrings). I can't believe it took me a long time to see this, but I had so many dramas I've been watching before this...so I was late on watching this. Better late than never, right? I thought this was a very good series. I love the scenes in California (USA) with PSH's character Cha Eun Sang and LMH's character Kim Tan. PSH & LMH looked great together in this drama. Heirs had a great cast, great scenery and cinematography. I love PSH in this HS drama. While LMH's character can be too arrogant a lot of times, but he's very easy on the eyes and so handsome to stare at that it didn't matter if he's a good guy or not, lol. Though at times some episodes/scenes tend to drag on, still, this was a very good K-drama and I loved and enjoyed watching it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: The Proposal

Spanish Telenovelas

Celebrity Look-Alikes

Film Review: Confessions of a Shopaholic

Foreign Films (Part 2)