Film Review: Iron Man 3

Iron Man 3 (2013)
starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow,
Don Cheadle, Ben Kingsley, Guy Piearce

Watch the trailer for Iron Man 3
(source: MOVIECLIPS Trailers)

Iron Man 3 synopsis
When Tony Stark's world is torn apart by a formidable terrorist called the Mandarin, he starts an odyssey of rebuilding and retribution.


I thought Iron Man 3 was very good and funny. There were plenty of action and humor to keep me watching and entertained. I've seen the previous 2 IM films and The Avengers and they were all very good. Loved the continuity of Robert Downey, Jr.'s Tony Stark and Gywneth Paltrow's Pepper Potts as a romantic couple as well as them working together including in The Avengers film. Glad that Tony & Pepper remained together for all 3 films (as well as in The Avengers). One of the things I love about the IM trilogy is the consistency of Tony & Pepper's pairing and romantic relationship (with no love triangle involved...kudos to the writers!) in a CBM franchise, and in my opinion, made them the best CBM romantic pairing, to date.

While I loved and enjoyed this movie for the most part, there were a couple scenes that left me unimpressed, the Mandarin twist and Pepper Potts falling off in what made it look like she's a goner, but she wasn't. Not that I wasn't glad that she was okay...Just didn't like the way it was shown to scare off the audience...and I didn't like the Mandarin twist either...but that's just me. Still loved and enjoyed the movie though.

Overall, Iron Man 3 was very good, fun, and entertaining film to wrap up the IM trilogy (assuming here if the reports/rumors were true, which I heard this might be the last solo IM film even though RDJ is still going to be on the Avengers sequels). A fun and must-see film for everyone.

My Iron Man 3 film rating: (9.5/10; A)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: The Proposal

Celebrity Look-Alikes

Spanish Telenovelas

Film Review: Confessions of a Shopaholic

Foreign Films (Part 2)