Film Review: Despicable Me 2

Despicable Me 2 (2013)
voices by: Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, Miranda Cosgrove, Benjamin Bratt

Watch the trailer for Despicable Me 2

(source: DespicableMeMovie)
Despicable Me 2 synopsis
Gru is recruited by the Anti-Villain League to help deal with a powerful new super criminal.
I saw Despicable Me 2 with my niece and nephew and younger cousins earlier this month. I haven't seen the first movie, but I didn't have to as my niece fill me in and gave me a quick recap of the first one, lol. So, I guess I didn't really have to see it to see this fun and entertaining sequel to DM. We saw this movie in 3D and we loved and enjoyed watching [the minions] it.



Interesting, I didn't recognized the voices of these familiar actors: Steve Carell (as Gru), Kristen Wiig (as Lucy), Miranda Cosgrove (as Margo),  Russell Brand (as Dr. Nefario) and Benjamin Bratt (as Eduardo/El Macho) who had done the voices of the characters for this film until after seeing this movie and I checked out the IMDB page for this movie. They did a very good job voicing their characters. Great visual and 3D effects too. Loved the musical number at the end.

Overall, Despicable Me 2 was a cute, fun, funny, entertaining, and family-friendly animated film that kids and grown-ups alike will both love and enjoy watching. I know the kids and I enjoyed watching this movie. Go see it while it's still in theaters!

My Despicable Me 2 film rating:  (8.5/10; B+)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: The Proposal

Spanish Telenovelas

Celebrity Look-Alikes

Film Review: Confessions of a Shopaholic

Foreign Films (Part 2)