Film Review: The Lincoln Lawyer

 The Lincoln Lawyer (2011)
starring Matthew McConaughey, Marisa Tomei, Ryan Phillippe, Josh Lucas

Watch the trailer for The Lincoln Lawyer
 
(source: )



I saw The Lincoln Lawyer unexpectedly and without knowing much about it (albeit I've seen the trailer and thought it looked pretty good and is quite interesting. Aren't they mostly?) This film was great though and I've been hearing good things about it from people I know who had seen it. So, I thought I'd go see this movie for myself as I'm always interested into watching this type of films. It's a plus that Matthew McConaughey (he's easy on the eyes too!) is the lead actor of this film with wonderful and talented supporting cast in Marisa Tomei, William H. Macy, Josh Lucas, John Leguizimo, and Ryan Phillippe. Everyone in the cast were great especially MM. I thought this was his best performance (thus far) in some of the films I've seen him in, since A Time To Kill. His acting here was strong, mature, and serious yet with humor to make his character appealing and interesting to watch, which he did here. He owned his character Mick Haller, a Los Angeles defense attorney who works out of the back seat of his Lincoln Town Car (hence the title of this film) with a chauffeur name Earl and delivered a strong performance in this film. Marisa Tomei did pretty good too in her supporting role as Mick's ex-wife Maggie, who's a prosecutor and they have an adorable young daughter that they both raised together.William H. Macy played Frank Levin, Mick's private investigator and friend very well too. And Ryan Phillippe was pretty good and convincing as Louis Roulet, the antagonist in the film, who is a wealthy realtor accused of raping a prostitute and Haller was asked to defend him. It helps that the story was very good (of course, it was...as it was based on the novel of the same name by Michael Connelly, which I've never read...yet) from the start to finished. This crime drama had all the thrill, a lil' suspense, mystery, twists and turns, and humor to keep me watching and entertained. I love this type of film or genres, where it keeps me watching, interested, intrigued, and entertained all at the same time.

Overall, The Lincoln Lawyer was one of the few great crime dramas I've seen in a while. An unexpected and must-see film too that I loved and enjoyed watching. I recommend you see it. Go see it!

My Lincoln Lawyer Film Rating: ! (9.5/10; A)

Comments

McConaghey is a solid actor, he just needs to stay away from romantic comedies
Having read the book, I don't feel interested in seeing the movie. Maybe I'll watch it some day when it is on television.

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: The Proposal

Spanish Telenovelas

Celebrity Look-Alikes

Film Review: Confessions of a Shopaholic

Foreign Films (Part 2)