Film Review: Secretariat

Secretariat (2010)
starring Diane Lane, Dylan Walsh, John Malkovich


Watch the trailer below



I thought this movie was pretty good. Diane Lane was brilliant in this film. Love her and her performance here. I'd say this was one of her best performances of some of the films I've seen her in. I didn't know anything about this film before and when I saw it, but I did see the preview and Diane Lane. So, I thought I'd go and see her in this film. I was pleasantly surprised of how wonderful this movie was. It reminded me a bit of Sea Bisquit starring Tobey Maguire, which was good because I liked that movie too. This was based on a true story, which was very interesting. Great film, great casting especially Diane Lane as the lead star for a change. I quite enjoy watching her in this film. Her acting was superb. The rest of the cast were great too. The story was very well-written, inspiring, and touching all at the same time. Secretariat, the horse was impressive too. At first, I didn't know what Secretariat meant or what it was all about...it was actually the name of the champion, record-holder, and one of the fastest horses that Diane Lane's character owned. Secretariat would be the unique horse you would love to root for as it always starts last, but will catch up and finishes first whenever it was getting closer to the finish line. Very interesting and inspiring at the same time.

Overall, this film was terrific! I loved and enjoyed watching it. I recommend this movie to anyone...particulary to those who own and love horses...or even if you don't own a horse and just love a feel good, touching, and inspiring film like Secretariat. It was worth watching and one of the rare gem of films I didn't expect to love.

My Secretariat Film Rating: ! (9.5/10; A)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: The Proposal

Celebrity Look-Alikes

Spanish Telenovelas

Film Review: Confessions of a Shopaholic

Foreign Films (Part 2)