Film Review: Inception

Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Marion Cottilard, Cilian Murphy
Joseph Gordon Levitt, Ellen Page, Talulah Riley


Watch the trailer for Inception

 
[source: TheTubeTrailers]



Just saw Inception recently and I thought it was pretty good! No, not just good, it was superb! It was so different, yet very interesting and mind boggling at the same time. So true about the dream thing that when you are dreaming about something or being in a place so vivid, you don't always remember the beginning or how it started, you always get to the middle part of it. Then, the next thing you know, you wake up from that almost too real dream and back to reality and you're thinking how or what just happened or that you wished you could go back to sleep and resumed that dream, but it mostly don't happen...unless, you have that recurring dream. I've always wondered about that, lol. Very interesting stuff. It really made me think about the things we dream about and often forget about when we wake up. This film was fresh, brilliant, and original. I didn't know what to expect or what was going to happen next. I felt like I was in that dream within a dream with Leonardo DiCaprio and company and I was on the edge of my seat trying to hurry and wake up like they do and get out of that particular dream, lol. Like the whole time I was watching this movie, I felt like I was in a dream within a dream and that this movie I just saw was just a dream...and I'm at home typing this review in a whole entire dream in my computer, haha! J/K! I certainly have those type of dreams where it felt so real or that I was like in an action movie being chased at and was running so fast (sometimes I wish I run as fast as I do in my dreams, lol) and the next thing I know, my dream was either cut short or to be continued...'cause I got interrupted and suddenly woke up from the middle of an intense and interesting dream....or sometimes it was a scary dream that I'm glad it got interrupted and I had to wake up.

Anyway, enough about me and my dreams, lol. Back to Inception, in my opinion, this movie was just smart, innovative, challenging, interesting, and thrilling to watch all at the same time. I loved that this movie makes you think, but you still don't know what to think after seeing it (it gets confusing, if you are not focus when you watch it or don't pay attention to every scene...thus making you go back and see this movie again) or that it keeps you thinking of what ifs about your own dreams. It's also like a brain teaser, intellectually complicated puzzle that you're trying to solve, but can't, lol. Also, Inception was visually stunning, very clever, brilliantly written and superbly directed by Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight, Batman Begins), the music score was great, had plenty of action, twists and turns, to keep you interested in watching, and the rest of the cast were excellent here especially Leonardo DiCaprio. He's one of my favorite actors and he delivered one of his finest acting (as he usually does) and was outstanding here as does the rest of the cast including Marion Cotillard (she was great here too...though I loved her in A Good Year with Russell Crowe...she was feisty and funny in that film), Ellen Page (I actually liked her here than Juno, lol), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (he's pretty cute in this film, hehe...), Ken Wantanabe, Michael Caine (he always seem to appear in every Christopher Nolan's films lately, but he's still pretty good even in a small role), and Cillian Murphy (cute, but his eyes looks scary when you stare at him, lol), Tom Hardy to name some. Pride & Prejudice's Talulah Riley (aka Mary Bennet) was good too in her brief cameo appearance as the Blonde girl who appeared in a bar with Leo Dicaprio and Cillian Murphy's characters in their dream within a dream scene. It was very interesting to know that her character was just a made up one from one of the characters played by Tom Hardy. Her scenes were very quick and few, but still pretty good that you'll know when you see her or that you'll remember her after seeing the movie as she had scenes with the main lead and supporting male characters (DiCaprio, Murphy, Wantanabe, and Hardy)...so not bad for Miss Riley to be in those lil' scenes especially when she got to share scenes with her hotties Inception co-stars, even just briefly, lol.

Overall, I think Inception is a rarity, fresh, intelligent, and original film that I've seen thus far this year and this summer (esp. with so many crowded remakes and sequel movies out a lot lately, it's refreshing to see something new, fresh, and original)! A must-see too (especially if you love this genre type of film)! It's been #1 in the box-office for the last two weekends. It's #1 again this weekend for the third week in a row! Definitely worth seeing, if you haven't seen it yet. I highly recommend you see it! Go see it!

My Inception Film Rating: ! (10/10; A+)

Comments

Inception said…
Wow! you've given this movie a really high grade, of right, the highest. I share your enthusiasm and felt it was the movie of the year
inception is really a great action movie the people have seen

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: The Proposal

Spanish Telenovelas

Celebrity Look-Alikes

Film Review: Confessions of a Shopaholic

Foreign Films (Part 2)