Film Review: 17 Again

I saw 17 Again recently with my girlfriends.

They wanted to see it with me, since we haven't seen each other or hang out together in a while. So, we went and saw this movie and we had a great time. It was a good movie. My friends seemed to have liked and enjoyed it. I did too.

Anyway, here's my review of ....



Warning: Slight Spoilers within!



17 Again (2009)

Starring: Zac Efron, Matthew Perry, Leslie Mann, Michelle Trachtenberg



Watch the trailer for 17 Again

[source: ZAAngels]


This movie was good. It was a cute Zac Efron movie esp. for those teens who love, who else? Zac Efron, of course, lol. It reminded me a lot though about Jennifer Garner's 13 Going on 30 and Tom Hanks' Big movies except this one was going back to his younger days. I think I'd preferred both 13 Going on 30 and Big than going back in my younger days back when I was in High School. I certainly don't want to relive those days, not that I had a bad H.S. experience, lol. I don't think I could go back or want to go back to those days of my life esp. back when I was high school, ages ago. I'd rather stay in the present or move forward to the future. I guess that's why we watch movies to see those times in our past. It's fun watching someone else esp. if that some looks hot at 17 like Zac's character, Mike O'Donnel, lol.

That being said, again, I thought this movie was good, but not great. It had some funny moments, but also had some not so funny moments. The story, of course, was typical and nothing new. Still, it was a cute, lighthearted, and fun comedy film to watch with friends. The cast were great. Zac Efron was funny and cute as the 17 year old version of Matthew Perry's (of Friends, one of my favorite old tv series) character Mike O'Donnell, but I don't see the resemblance between him and his younger self, played by Efron. Other than that lil' resemblance issue, lol...everything else were good and funny though esp. Mike's weird friend Ned Gold (played by Thomas Lennon) who was hitting on the principal (they went on a date later on and found that they both share their love of Lord of The Rings, Star Wars or other Sci-fi geeky stuff they were into), hahaha. We laughed at lot all of Ned's scenes. Leslie Mann who played Scarlett O'Donnell, the estranged wife of Mike, was funny here as well esp. when she was cupping Zac Efron's face and her friend, played by Mad TV alumni Nicole Sullivan was funny herself, lol. Matthew Perry was good here too as the older Mike, but I was a lil' disappointed of the lack of humor or the not a lot of funny lines for his grown up character here. I thought he wasn't so funny here as much as he was in Friends. He definitely wasn't Chandler Bing funny, but he was still good and funny to watch. Last, but not least, Michelle Thractenberg (aka Buffy's lil' sister in Buffy and Trevor & Janet's young daughter in ABC's daytime soap All My Children) was good here as the gothic teenage daughter.

Overall, this movie was good, cute, and funny. A fun movie for everyone esp. for the family with teens girls who are into Zac Efron/High School Musical movies. They'll surely love Zac Efron in this one. He grow up to be a handsome looking and a drool-worthy young man with a hot, ripped body...that alone was worth watching for these teenage girls, who I bet has major crush and swooning over him, lol.


My 17 Again Rating:
! (7/10; C+)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: The Proposal

Spanish Telenovelas

Celebrity Look-Alikes

Film Review: Confessions of a Shopaholic

Foreign Films (Part 2)