Film Review: Slumdog Millionaire

Just saw this movie with my Mom a few days ago or so. I must say this movie was awesome. I loved it from beginning to end. I didn't even think I'd see this movie as I always hear it and it's been getting rave reviews and winning tons of awards. Not too mentioned it's been getting rave reviews and early Oscar buzz way before it scored an impressive 10 Academy Awards Nominations. Everyone I heard who's seen this movie kept saying it was very good. So, my Mom and I thought lets go see this movie and see what was all the fuzz and buzz surrounding this film about. Not too mention, my Mom and I love watching Indian/Bollywood films, so we thought we'd at least get this film and perhaps even like or enjoy it. Sure enough when we saw it, we both loved and enjoyed it. What an amazing and fantastic film. It definitely deserved all the rave reviews, early Oscar buzz, all the Golden Globe/Critics/PGA, DGA and any awards it has swept and gotten so far, not too mention the impressive 10 Oscar Noms it received. I won't be surprised if it wins a lot of Oscars too as it was that amazing and more.




Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

starring: Dev Patel, Freida Pinto, Anil Kapoor, Irrfan Khan



Watch the trailer for Slumdog Millionaire below:

[source: ComingSoonFilm]


Here's my review of Slumdog Millionaire:


Wow, this movie was the best I've seen early this year... thus far... and it was released late last year. I can't believe I didn't even noticed this movie before or that it wasn't in my must-see list of movies to watch last year, lol. This movie was surprisingly fantastic! I loved and enjoyed watching it from beginning to end. It was a totally, completely different film from any other movies I've seen lately. It's also different from the typical Indian/Bollywood films, perhaps because the director was British as well as the production. So, we can't really label this as just an Indian/Bollywood film, but it's a film adapted from a bestselling novel written by an Indian author and diplomat Vikas Swarup, of course...and it's in an independent film genre, which are usually great in quality and storytelling. I thought this was very well-made. The film was beautifully shot and it differs from other films I've seen in a while. The movie shows two parts, the game show, "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" (an Indian version) and a flashback backstory of the lead character who was the contestant of the "millionaire" game show. Very nicely blend and well-done. I thought before I saw this movie that it'll be just a game show and might be boring...but I must admit, I was mistaken for judging the film before watching it, lol. Glad I was wrong as this film was different, brilliantly made, the story was superb, realistic, relatable, and believable, as does the acting of the entire cast, the direction was outstanding, the music was fun and enjoyable to listen to, and the movie itself was superb, outstanding, and just interesting to watch all at the same time. The acting of the actors were very impressive here esp. the two lil' boys. Their performances were incredible esp. at such a young age. They did a fantastic job. Most of cast were unknown except for two (Irrfan Khan who I've seen in Namesake and other Indian/Bollywood films and Anil Kapoor who Ive seen in 1,2,3 Bollywood film), but they all have done a great job with their characters. The two leads Dev Patel as Jamal Malik and Frieda Pinto as Latika were great as well. Not too mention they looked cute together as a couple. I liked these two and their enduring love for each other was great to see. I rooted for them and hoped for them to be together in the end. The young actors who played them were cute as well. The movie was just amazing and had a very nice twist and ending that I loved and enjoyed. The music that was playing at the end was nice too esp. when the cast and crew danced to it. Very cool to see.

Overall, this film was excellent. Their Oscar nominations were well-deserved. I'll be rooting for this film to win many Oscar awards come Oscar night by the end of this month. I loved and enjoyed the whole film. I definitely and highly recommend you see this film, if you haven't already. It was worth watching and you won't be disappointed. Go see it!


My Slumdog Millionaire Film Rating: ! (10/10; A+)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: The Proposal

Spanish Telenovelas

Celebrity Look-Alikes

Film Review: Confessions of a Shopaholic

Foreign Films (Part 2)